The MPC has been a staple in Hip Hop, Rap, and other forms of electronic music for decades. The latest iteration from AKAI, the MPC X, brings the MPC solidly into the 21st century. Read below for details on how we can take yours to the next level!
We are offering the following modification for the MPC X:
– New high-grade op-amps on the line inputs, mic inputs, line outputs, main outputs, and headphone outputs (this improves INST 1, INST 2, and the phono/line RCA inputs as well)
– New, high-grade signal path capacitors on the line inputs, mic inputs, line outputs, main outputs, and headphone outputs (this improves INST 1, INST 2, and the phono/line RCA inputs as well)
– Upgraded global and local power decoupling on analog stage power rails
– Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking and mixing (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
– New internal, ultra-low-jitter, XB word clock with proprietary implementation
– Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters using methods found in our Signature, FM, and XB modifications
– Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
Raise the sonic bar even higher with our MPC X XB Mod!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”. Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
Apogee created a bang-up converter with the Rosetta 800. It’s capable of up to 192kHz/24bit A/D/A conversion, has word clock BNC I/O, and is expandable via ADAT or AES I/O connectivity. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
The Behringer ADA8000 is a very economical option for 8-channel A/D/A converter expansion, complete with preamps & ADAT I/O. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!