We are offering the following modification for the Ensemble & Ensemble Thunderbolt:
– New, high-grade signal path capacitors on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, Hi-Z inputs, inserts, headphone outputs, and line outputs)
– Proprietary decoupling on analog stage power rails
– Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
– Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters
– Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
Hear your Ensemble like never before!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”. Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
The Behringer ADA8200 is a very economical option for 8-channel A/D/A converter expansion, complete with preamps & ADAT I/O. We’ve been able to migrate our popular ADA8000 modifications to the ADA8200 in order to bring it into a COMPLETELY different league! Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
Apogee has given the world of audio production the compact “Duet 2 & 2.5” that’s perfect for writing on the go. Our modification to the Duet 2 & 2.5 turns it into a great tracking and mixing tool too! See below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
Antelope Audio’s Orion 32/32+ is no small feat. It’s capable of up to 32 channels of simultaneous I/O at 192kHz via USB in a 1U chassis, making it a great option for anyone needing high A/D/A channel counts. See below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!