We are offering the following modifications for the Avid HD I/O (8×8, 8×16, 16×16):
– New, high performance op-amps on EVERY analog input and output (line inputs and line outputs)
– New, high-grade op-amp decoupling capacitors on EVERY analog input and output (line inputs and line outputs)
– New, high-grade signal path capacitors on EVERY analog input and output (line inputs and line outputs)
– Proprietary decoupling on analog stage power rails
– Copper rails installed between EVERY analog input and output for shielding between channels (line inputs and line outputs)
– Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
– Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters
– Ferrite power filtration on all A/D and D/A converters
– Proprietary decoupling on digital stage power rails
– Your choice of FM (very low jitter) or XB (ultra low jitter) internal word clocks
– Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
Hear your Avid HD I/O like never before!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”. Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
The Behringer ADA8200 is a very economical option for 8-channel A/D/A converter expansion, complete with preamps & ADAT I/O. We’ve been able to migrate our popular ADA8000 modifications to the ADA8200 in order to bring it into a COMPLETELY different league! Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
The Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 packs a lot of I/O and routing options into a 1U chassis. It boasts 8 channels of internal microphone preamps, 2 headphone outputs, and comes equipped with an entire suite of plug-ins. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!