Behringer ADA8000 Mods
The Behringer ADA8000 is a very economical option for 8-channel A/D/A converter expansion, complete with preamps & ADAT I/O. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
We are offering the following modifications for the ADA8000:
- – New, high performance op-amps on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, and line outputs)
- – Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
Premium Mod (includes Standard Mod)
- – New, high-grade signal path capacitors on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, and line outputs)
- – Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters
- – Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
How to Determine Your Date Code for the Premium Mod
The Premium Mod is only applicable to newer revisions of ADA8000’s (Date Code: 0912 or after)
There is a DATE CODE label on the top of the unit; the four numbers will indicate the year/month of the unit’s manufacture date. Any date that is older than December of 2009 [i.e., #0912] will indicate the older revision that is NOT eligible for the Premium Mod.
If you are unsure or are unable to determine the date code, just take a high-res photo of the lid and email it to us. We’ll be able to tell right away.
Get ready to hear your ADA8000 like never before!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
Please read our full sales policies prior to booking a mod.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”.
Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
Behringer ADA8000 StandardPre 3Post 4.25