Our Alesis AI3 modification comes in two different forms:
– New, high performance op-amps on EVERY analog input and output (line inputs and line outputs)
– Proprietary decoupling on analog stage power rails
– Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
Premium Mod (includes Standard Mod)
– Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters
– Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
Unlock the full sonic potential of your AI3 with one of our mods!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”. Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
“I have been recording using my newly upgraded 003R and AI3. I was totally amazed from the first take on vocals by the clarity and detail. My true shock came with drums. Our drum takes are so good that we cannot believe it; the depth of the kick and toms, and clarity of the overheads! The sound is absolutely amazing. I sent a few rough mixes out to a couple friends and they could not believe their ears. One friend is even getting the upgrade now. Anyway, I appreciate your skill and what you have done to make the recording process a real pleasure!”
The Behringer ADA8000 is a very economical option for 8-channel A/D/A converter expansion, complete with preamps & ADAT I/O. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!