Digidesign released the 003r + for those in need of an audio interface with eight internal microphone preamps. When combined with our Signature Series Mod, the 003r + becomes a serious contender for top-notch conversion in a feature packed format. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
We are offering the following modification for the 003r +:
– New, high performance op-amps on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, DI input, headphone outputs, monitor outputs, and line outputs)
– New, high-grade signal path capacitors on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, DI input, headphone outputs, monitor outputs, and line outputs)
– Proprietary decoupling on analog stage power rails
– Please note: the 003r + Signature Series Mod does not include the 2nd linear power supply found in the regular 003r Signature Series Mod.
– Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
– Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters
– Ferrite power filtration on all A/D and D/A converters
– Our approach to converter decoupling and ferrite power filtration reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
– Micro Clock MKII external word clock included as part of the modification (the Micro Clock MKII will ship when your modification is complete)
– Signature Series logo screen printed on lid; BLA decal fixed to faceplate
Unlock the full sonic potential of your 003r + with the power of the Signature Mod!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”. Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
“So, after doing some A/B-ing in my studio, I’m all aboard. Your guys’ claims definitely played out in my tests. The transients on the [BLA modded 003R+] were more varied and precise, where the stock mod seemed to kind of blur them all together. Every mic I tested shined through the [003r+]. On a vocal track, the stock [Digi] was papery and 1-dimensional. The [BLA modded 003R+] was real smooth and dimensional… And the playback was huge. Spacious, precise. A big improvement…”
Antelope Audio’s Orion 32/32+ is no small feat. It’s capable of up to 32 channels of simultaneous I/O at 192kHz via USB in a 1U chassis, making it a great option for anyone needing high A/D/A channel counts. See below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!