The M-Audio Profire 2626 is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a Firewire interface that also works as an ADAT expansion device in standalone mode. Our Profire 2626 Mods are some of our favorite “bang for your buck” modifications, and compete with much more expensive interfaces. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
Our Profire 2626 modifications come in two different forms:
– New, high performance op-amps on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, instrument inputs, headphone outputs, and line outputs)
– Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
– Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters
– Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
Removal of current limiting circuit on the line outputs (this drastically opens up the sound)
Premium Mod (includes Standard Mod)
– New, high-grade signal path capacitors on the analog inputs and outputs (mic preamps, line inputs, headphone outputs, and line outputs)
All it takes is one listen to discover why we are such huge fans of the Profire 2626 Mods!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”. Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
“I most say that the more I use my modded 2626s the more I love them. Thanks BLA!”
– Roberto Grano De Oro, Las Vegas, NV
“When I found out Pro-Pain wanted to do a record with me, I knew I needed to upgrade… so I did some research and found Black Lion Audio. I felt like they really stood behind the quality of their products as did their customers, so I ordered the Auteur mic preamp and got a BLA Profire 2626 mod. I used the preamp for overheads, guitars, & bass with stunning results… when I set up the sm7b through the Auteur for vocals, we instantly knew it was the right choice”
The Behringer ADA8000 is a very economical option for 8-channel A/D/A converter expansion, complete with preamps & ADAT I/O. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!