MOTU offers a wide range of audio interfaces that are great for both large and small audio production setups. Their interfaces feature low-latency monitoring on newer hardware/software revisions, and have solid drivers to boot. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
Our MOTU 24Ao modification includes the following:
– Proprietary op-amp decoupling for localized power filtration (line outputs)
– Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
– Upgraded oscillators that run the D/A converter chips
– Proprietary decoupling on all D/A converters
– Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
Get ready to hear the difference you’ve been wanting, but unable to get… until now!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”. Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
The Mbox 3 Pro is Avid’s redesign of the Mbox 2. They gave it a load of features like onboard DSP, Softclip limiting, digital I/O, guitar tuner, and six balanced outs to mix in 5.1 surround sound. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!