Steinberg’s UR824 is a solid interface that boasts Class A discrete preamps, zero-latency monitoring, and USB 2.0 connectivity. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
We are offering the following modifications for the UR824:
– New, high performance op-amps on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, Hi-Z inputs, headphone outputs, and line outputs)
– New, high-grade signal path capacitors on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, Hi-Z inputs, headphone outputs, and line outputs)
– Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
Premium Mod (includes Standard Mod)
Analog & Digital
– New, proprietary decoupling and ferrite filtration on all A/D and D/A converters, as well as upgraded filtration on the phantom power circuit (mic preamps)
– Our approach to converter decoupling and ferrite filtration reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
Get ready to hear how much punch we can pack into the UR824!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”. Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
The Micro Clock MKIII XB is the most accurate word clock we’ve developed to date. With only 0.6pS RMS of jitter at the BNC outputs, it has less than one third of the jitter of the standard Micro Clock MKIII! It boasts incredibly accurate crystal oscillators and superior quality galvanic isolation, both of which contribute to the extraordinarily low jitter measurement.
The Micro Clock MKIII is the culmination of almost 10 years of research involving jitter-reducing, harmonic-enhancing design techniques not found in any other master word clocks on the market. It not only can sync all of your digital audio gear together, but can significantly improve the sound quality as well. It may be the most significant single upgrade you can make to your digital audio setup. Get ready to hear what you’ve been missing!
The Micro Clock MKII is a simple, yet elegant design in external clocking. It features ultra-low jitter, third order crystal oscillators with a high current parallel drive circuit designed to maintain harmonic content of the signal regardless of loading conditions. In addition to this, proprietary noise reduction circuitry dramatically eliminates unwanted switching harmonics normally found in digital signals. The Micro Clock MKII is one of the best performing external word clocks in the pro audio market today.
Antelope Audio’s Orion 32/32+ is no small feat. It’s capable of up to 32 channels of simultaneous I/O at 192kHz via USB in a 1U chassis, making it a great option for anyone needing high A/D/A channel counts. See below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!