Audio Equipment Technician
at Black Lion Audio, Chicago, IL
Black Lion Audio is a professional audio equipment manufacturer located in Chicago, IL and one of the fastest growing companies in our industry. We’re a team of individuals who share a passion for the audio arts and the technology that drives it.We offer a supportive, growth-inspiring work environment and the opportunity to service equipment used on your favorite songs! Our products can be found in commercial recording studios, broadcast facilities and event venues worldwide.
The audio equipment technician’s primary responsibilities are product assembly and repair. The ideal candidate will have experience operating professional audio equipment, intermediate soldering skills, and a basic understanding of electronics. Starting pay is competitive, with opportunity for advancement, bonuses and paid sick/vacation leave.
- Troubleshoot and repair professional audio equipment including audio interfaces, signal processors, preamps, and power conditioners to the component level.
- Assemble and disassemble electronic products while following ESD control standards.
- Rework PCBs containing both surface mount and through-hole components.
- Provide a detailed summary of the work performed for each repair.
- Identify and report quality issues and failure trends.
- Complete all assigned work in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED
- Skilled with use of hand tools
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuitry to the component level.
- Experience in soldering and rework of fine pitch SMT and through-hole components.
- Ability to read and interpret complex schematics and data sheets.
- Proficient in the use of oscilloscopes, DMMs, bench power supplies, etc.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Understanding of ESD control standards.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs
- Must love music
- Familiarity with software PCB layout viewing software such as PADS.
- Knowledge of professional audio equipment and audio circuitry
- Standard M-F work week schedule
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, vision and dental insurance and 401k
- Paid Time Off
- Career advancement opportunities
- Work with equipment used on chart-topping records
- Be involved with cutting-edge audio technology
Black Lion Audio – Chicago Office
To be considered for the position, please submit a brief introduction and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we accept your application, we’ll be in touch to schedule an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.