Digidesign 192 I/O Mods
What do industry heavyweights like Mike Shipley (RIP), Mutt Lange, and Butch Walker have in common? They’re proud users of the Black Lion Audio FM192, a heavily modified version of the Digidesign 192. The FM’s A/D and D/A conversion is so smooth, so rich, and so clear that Sound on Sound Magazine called it “a game changer”. We’re not talking about the usual shades of grey among high end converters; the FM192 has bass extension that rivals 2 inch 16 track tape. It has high end response that’s velvety and uncharacteristically clear for digital audio. Instrument imaging is pinpoint accurate, with front to back extension that few digital systems can rival. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
We are offering the following modifications for the Digidesign 192 I/O (8×8, 8×16, 16×8):
- – New, high performance op-amps on EVERY analog input and output (line inputs and line outputs)
- – New, high-grade op-amp decoupling capacitors on EVERY analog input and output (line inputs and line outputs)
- – New, high-grade signal path capacitors on EVERY analog input and output (line inputs and line outputs)
- – Proprietary decoupling on analog stage power rails
- – Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
- – Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters
- – Ferrite power filtration on all A/D and D/A converters
- – Proprietary decoupling on digital stage power rails
- – Your choice of FM (very low jitter) or XB (ultra low jitter) internal word clocks
- – Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
Hear your Digidesign 192 I/O like never before!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
Please read our full sales policies prior to booking a mod.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”.
Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
Digidesign 192 with FM ClockPre 5.75Post 9
Digidesign 192 with XB ClockPre 5.75Post 10