We are offering the following modifications for the Fireface 802:
– New, high performance op-amps on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, and line outputs)
– Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
Premium Mod (includes Standard Mod)
– New, high-grade signal path capacitors on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, and line outputs)
– Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters
– Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
Get ready to hear your Fireface 802 like never before!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”. Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
Apogee created a bang-up converter with the Rosetta 800. It’s capable of up to 192kHz/24bit A/D/A conversion, has word clock BNC I/O, and is expandable via ADAT or AES I/O connectivity. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
The Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 is a crackerjack solution for the budget conscious recording enthusiast. It is capable of up to 6×6 simultaneous I/O, up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution, and features USB 2.0 connectivity. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
Digidesign released the 003r + for those in need of an audio interface with eight internal microphone preamps. When combined with our Signature Series Mod, the 003r + becomes a serious contender for top-notch conversion in a feature packed format. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!