RME developed an amazingly compact, yet highly versatile audio interface for those concerned with space. The Fireface UC/UCX crams a lot into one box, and is perfect for anyone looking for USB 2.0, USB 3, or FireWire 400 connectivity. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!
We are offering the following modifications for the Fireface UC/UCX:
– New, high performance op-amps on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, and line outputs)
– Improving the performance of the analog stage circuits makes a drastic difference for tracking, mixing, and mastering (expect amazing micro-dynamics and space)!
– Proprietary decoupling on all A/D and D/A converters
– Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
Premium Mod (includes Standard Mod)
– New, high-grade signal path capacitors on EVERY analog input and output (mic preamps, line inputs, and line outputs)
Get ready to hear how much punch we can pack into the compact Fireface UC/UCX!
Booking a Mod
A 50% down payment will be collected during checkout for booking a modification. The remaining 50%, plus return shipping, will be due when the modification is complete. You will be prompted to choose a mod date when you add a mod to your cart. After booking, you will receive an email confirming your chosen “mod date” and shipping details.
The interface is not included in the mod price. You must supply us with an interface to be modified.
We often get asked our opinion on how one interface compares to another, so we’ve decided to create a rating system based on subjective A/B listening tests. The scale is from 1-10, with “1” being unimpressive audio quality and “10” being true audio excellence. This is an exponential scale, so going from “1” to “2” isn’t nearly as big of a jump as going from “9” to “10”. Please keep in mind, we only modify an interface if we can make a significant improvement to the sound. All of our ratings are ultimately a matter of opinion. To view how we rate all of our mods, click here.
Released in October of 2010, the Avid HD I/O replaced the older Digidesign HD I/O as their flagship interface line. Read below for details on how we can take your interface to the next level!